Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Fatigue

I don't know about any of you, but I can NOT wait until this election is over. I am so over the commercials of candidates putting each other down and pointing out faults of the other candidate. I am so tired of the media only supporting one view. I hate the fact that this election can bring out the worst among friends that may not see eye to eye.
I just pray that God will have His hand on this election and on this country that so often shuts Him out. His grace and mercy amazes me when I look at the blessings that our country has despite our constant rejection of His wisdom, love, and forgiveness. I know that no matter what happens, He is in control. My prayer is that our next president will look to Christ for wisdom and strength.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you . You will seek me and find me WHEN you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

2 comments:

Deck said...

its over...

when are you guys coming out?

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

the 14th...Can't wait!!!